We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
DIY Happy Planner Series
This is the 2nd of my Happy Planner Mini DIY series where I create coordinating covers/dashboards for the Happy Planner Mini Traveler’s Notebook-Style cover (I’ve linked that video below) that I made in a previous video.
In my YouTube video, I show a quick and easy way to make your own DIY Happy Planner Mini Cover/dashboard. I make a distinction between a cover and a dashboard because for some, these terms are interchangeable. I based this distinction on the actual Happy Planner Mini. For my purposes, I prefer to create covers to cover the entire front of the planner versus dashboards (think monthly dividers) however, I’ve left dimensions for both below depending on your preference.
Happy Planner Mini Traveler’s Notebook
Because the Happy Planner Mini Traveler’s Notebook-style covers may not always match the Happy Planner cover, I thought this was a quick and easy solution to that. Plus, I usually do the Happy Planner Mini Traveler’s Notebook-style cover and the cover/dashboards at the same time since the laminator I use is already on so it really does make for quick and easy project.
The measurements listed below are for one cover or dashboard. However, when I create my own, I typically make two although you could make as many as you’d like, especially since I find them very useful when making my Transformer style Happy Planner Mini. See my video below for my example on how I use my own covers to create my Transformer sections in my Mini Happy Planner. Since this is my on-the-go planner, I find this method very user friendly.
Cover: 7.25 inches by 5 inches (makes one cover)
Dashboard: 7 inches by 4.5 inches (makes one dashboard)
The links below are Amazon Affiliate links. By using the links, it doesn’t change your cost but I might earn a small commission – Win/Win!
- One piece of 12 inch x 12 inch card-stock or scrapbook paper (heavier weight is preferred. If you want your inside cover/dashboard to be decorated, I would recommend a double-sided paper.
- Letter Size Laminating Sheet: 8.9 inches x 11.4 inches: https://amzn.to/2SVcEAx
- Laminator (I used Scotch Brand): https://amzn.to/2C4AhzE
- Fiskars Deluxe Cutter (You can also use a scissors and ruler): https://amzn.to/2ABktnS:
- Single Paper Punch: https://amzn.to/2Cn9yhW
- Optional: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper: https://amzn.to/2H0gE1k
Video of Happy Planner Mini Traveler’s Notebook-Style Cover